[mythtv-users] OT: CPU temperatures

Dave david.collett at dart.net.au
Sun Oct 31 11:51:38 UTC 2004

The following refers to debian, I'd be suprised if FC2 was much
different:

There is a package called 'lm-sensors'.
It must be configured using the program 'sensors-detect' in that package
(probably in /usr/sbin/). It will scan your motherboard to try and
determine the type of sensor chips you have. It will then suggest some
modules that you have to load. If you are using kernel 2.6, you probably
already have the modules (u just need to load em). If youre using 2.4,
you have to build them separately (see lm-sensors doco)

Once setup, theres a program called 'sensors' which displays all the
info from the chip. The data is also available directly in the /sys/
filesystem (under /sys/bus/i2c/?)

Theres other frontend programs for Gnome/KDE/LCDproc etc which also read
and display the same data.

Good luck.

Dave

Dave <david.collett at dart.net.au>