[mythtv-users] Capture card luminance bandwidth (BT8xx and PVR-250)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Oct 31 16:06:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 10:03:31AM -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>  	I always knew that NTSC was crap, but this is a new level of
> revelation.  Of course, for S-VID this whole discussion is somewhat moot,
> since it can have fairly high bandwidth. by comparison.

What was the singal source connection you were using for this?   I
assume this was capture bandwidth you were talking about; I infer you
mean composite.  Did you test the S-vid, and do we know which way the
tuner is attached?  I'd assume strongly it's Y/C, it doesn't make much
sense to recombine them only to split them apart again...

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi