[mythtv-users] Capture card luminance bandwidth (BT8xx and PVR-250)

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sun Oct 31 16:14:17 UTC 2004

 	I'm talking about composite.  I know that one should be able to
get more mileage out of Y/C.  My main reason for investigating this is to
get a better picture out of a cable TV signal.  Everything else being
equal, watching TV on the TV I'm using has a significantly better signal
than watching it through the PVR-250-encoded card.  I know it's not the
TVOUT part of the equation.

 	I haven't gotten into trying to get more poop out of a Y/C
connection.  Those with digital cable or satellite would probably be
interested in that.  The tuner has to be connected as composite, not Y/C
since that's what comes down the wire (VSB-RF modulated, of course).

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*