[mythtv-users] nuvexport to xvid fails

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 17:12:22 UTC 2004

Hi Chris,

Ironically, I haven't had problems with XviD, but when I try using
anything else (like SVCD or DVD) it dies...

Looking at the code, how does $suffix get set in export/transcode.pm,
and what should it be in the case of SVCD?  I changed line 244 of
export/transcode.pm to be:

print "Starting transcode: $transcode\n";

...so I could see what was being executed and it looks like the file
argument of -o doesn't have a suffix, but the following tcmplex stage
(I'm guessing) is expecting to find a file with a suffix.

Currently, it takes about 8 minutes to error out so I don't have more
output handy; let me know what you need and I'll send you more
details.

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.