[mythtv-users] Scrolling in MythMusic playlist selection Performance problems

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Sun Oct 31 18:52:57 UTC 2004

It is not a slow MySQL or CPU or memory problem, it is believe it or not a
video-driver problem. Check it by choosing vesa as driver and everything
flies, except watching video and tv is bad of course.

Complains last weeks about high cpu-demand is a combination of the
formentioned video-driver problem in combination with the 2.6.x kernels.

Using .16 with 2.4.x and I can watch live tv and compiling in the background
mythfrontend NOT SUID without any hick-up, with using less than 100MB and a
P4-1.8GHz

Don't know what is going on took me weeks to find out when what was going
wrong.

Henk Schoneveld