[mythtv-users] Re: m3u2myth.pl inserting empty playlists

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Sep 1 01:43:22 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:11:48PM -0500, m0j0.j0j0 wrote:

>> Certainly not as scary as Perl. ;)
>
> All depends on the Perl. My stuff is usually too pathetic to be scary.
> ;)

Yours is actually not bad.  Perl syntax and I just don't get
along, though.  I wrote one Perl program once many years ago.
About six months later I need to change it, and I never could
figure out how it worked...

> > On my system the filename in the DB appears to be relative to
> > the /data/music directory. I _swear_ I tried that style in the
> > m3u file and it didn't work.  At one point I had cr/lf line
> > endings in the m3u file, but that shouldn't matter since it got
> > chomped, right?
>
> If you are having CR/LF issues, you may want to run the m3u files
> through the 'dos2unix' command.

I did that at one point, but I may have had absolute paths in
there by then.  Now that I know what the filenames in the DB
are, it should be simple enough to fix the m3u files to match.

Didn't have time to work on it this evening though.