[mythtv-users] Which tables to alter to remove deadlock?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 1 09:19:54 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 08:46:34PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> > > enum CommFlagStatuses {
> > >     COMM_FLAG_NOT_FLAGGED = 0,
> > >     COMM_FLAG_DONE = 1,
> > >     COMM_FLAG_PROCESSING = 2,
> > >     COMM_FLAG_COMMFREE = 3
> > > };
> > >
> > > Set them all to 1 to make Myth think it's already flagged them all.
> >
> > Are there semantic implications to choosing done over not_flagged that
> > might cause trouble down the road?  Assumptions in code are rarely
> > documented.
>
> Not Flagged means it hasn't been flagged yet (but could be automatically if
> 	you were to restart the backend).
> Done means commercial flagging has been done.
> Processing means commercial flagging is going on right now.
> CommFree means the station is marked as commercial free so flagging was not
> 	done when the recording finished recording.

Well, forgive me, but I *did* understand what they codes *mean*. :-)
What I *dont* know is whether any code makes assumptions about saying
that commercial flagging has been done on a program which would make
think behave unpleasantly if in fact it has not.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi