[mythtv-users] Stutter with a P3 933Mhz! Gezzz - more STUTTER!

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Wed Sep 1 09:29:22 EDT 2004

Lots of great email/feedback.  Thanks everyone.

Here are the answers to some of the questions:

- DMA is on (hdparm reports DMA as being on for both the HD and the CDROM)
- I'm using the latest nVidia driver and is set to Driver "nvidia" in XF86Config
- I think the Network stuff is 3com and Linksys
- I've even tried to overclock the CPU to bring it up to 966Mhz (vs. 933)

So - I'm still confused why I'm getting stutter with NTSC content.  I still have to "pause" and "un-pause" to get it smooth.

I've even tried changing the AGP setting in XF86Config to use the onboard vs. the nVidia support.  No real change (if at all).

So - any other ideas?  thanks again everyone for the support.

-John