[mythtv-users] Re: SOLICITATION: Record/Transcode Parameters Wanted

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Thu Sep 2 11:46:27 EDT 2004

"Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 03:16:27PM -0400, Tony Lill wrote:
>> The database schema section is long overdue! Good Job. Might I suggest
>> one more addition, documentation of the various classes and how
>> they hang together.
>
> I personally haven't yet walked the code, and I gather David Greaves
> sort of stubbed his toe when he started doing that once before.
>
> I can understand why a project in forward motion might resist too much
> official-looking documentation about how the internals work (right now
> :-); I'm trying to find a happy meedium.

If there was some documentation, you would probably get more
contributors. Except for the most trival changes, you'd have to spend
a considerable amount of time wrapping your mind around the code, and
by then, someone else may have re-written it anyway...

>> With that and the schema, I might have a go at fixing the scheduler.
>
> The scheduler's broke?  :-)

I just have to resolve "conflicts" that a smarter scheduler should be
able to do on it's own way to often for my taste. Forcing stuff to a
different encoder, or bumping stuff to a later timeslot or the like.
I was thinking of a chess-like algorithm...
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571