[mythtv-users] Which remote to emulate?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Sep 2 14:06:58 EDT 2004

 	I used a universal remote and was confronted with the same question.
One thing that helped me choose was the 'repeat' feature.  Some remotes do it,
and some don't, but for repetive things (e.g. volume control) it's nice to
have.

 	If you don't want to program it yourself (it's not hard to do though),
look through the lirc sample remotes and see what looks the most complete.
Some codes/IR formats are more robust than others in my experience.  If you're
teaching lirc your remote, be sure to look at 'xmode2' as you try different
settings... it'll help rule out less robust code choices.  Then, of course,
'irw' is good to check the results and see if you've got the repeat thingy
going properly.

  	I believe I used Sony brand on my stuff.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Graduate Student                         *
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*