[mythtv-users] Fedora Core 2 Apt Repo and AtRPMs

huffman at graze.net huffman at graze.net
Thu Sep 2 14:28:39 EDT 2004

papenfuss at vt.edu, Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> > then do an rpmbuild -ba on the spec file and it will build you a new (almost
> > vanilla) FC2 kernel.
>
>  	Never heard of generic 'redhat' or 'fedora' and 'kernel' in the same
> sentence without a negative involved.  I've never had any luck compiling a
> redhat-based kernel out-of-the-box because they have so many custom tweaks to
> it.  A generic kernel is the only way to go if you have to compile one... (at
> least for me... YMMV).  If you have to apply a patch for something, it's
pretty
> much your *only* way.

:-)  I like that.  It did work for me though and my mythtv is humming along
quite nicely on it.  I'll agree - YMMV.   The one additional thing that I should
note is that I had to specify the target architecture on the rpmbuild line.
This is my exact command:  rpmbuild -ba --target=i686 kernel-2.6.spec

Brian