[mythtv-users] [Semi-OT] Best place to pick up PVR-250's? - $75, not too bad!

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Thu Sep 2 21:42:42 EDT 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Nate Carlson wrote:
> Well, with the number of shows missed during the Olympics, I think I've
> finally got permission from my wife to pick up a few more PVR-250's so
> we can record more than 1 show at once. :)  I'm having problems finding
> sources for less than ~$115, anyone have a recommendation for somewhere
> selling an IVTV-compatible version of the cards cheap?

I ended up picking up a refurb PVR-250 card from NewEgg, not a bad deal.

Just ran across this though:

http://www.beachaudio.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4280&GCID=C12585x003&GTKW=975

$75 for a PVR-250 MCE 975, which from my searches apparently will work
just fine. I ordered another one, so I'll have a total of 3 tuners plus a
crap M179 that puts ugly bars across all my recordings.  :)