[mythtv-users] Problem with CLE266 hardware MPEG2 decoding

Clay claybo at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 3 01:25:41 EDT 2004

Hey everyone,

I am trying to get the latest Myth CVS to work with MPEG2 decoding on
my VIA EPIA ME6000 board.  However, I keep getting this error:

2004-09-02 22:19:45 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[mpegvideo_via @ 0x15bf9670]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
decoding error
[mpegvideo_via @ 0x15bf9670]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
decoding error
[mpegvideo_via @ 0x15bf9670]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
decoding error
[mpegvideo_via @ 0x15bf9670]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
decoding error
[mpegvideo_via @ 0x15bf9670]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
decoding error
[mpegvideo_via @ 0x15bf9670]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
decoding error
[mpegvideo_via @ 0x15bf9670]get_buffer() failed (1 1073741824 2 (nil))
decoding error
Segmentation fault

No video plays at all before this error comes up.  I obviously have all
the VIA drivers working since Myth even let me compile in the first
place (I tried once without the drivers and got errors), so what might
be wrong?  I will provide any other error logs there might be if I am
told how to access them.

Thanks for any help!