[mythtv-users] FC2 memory leak?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri Sep 3 07:41:45 EDT 2004

On 9/2/2004 7:47 PM, Cory Papenfuss wrote:

>     OK... this probably only applies to me, but I've noticed my office
> machine running FC2 (weirdo SMP athon 2400, dual-headed (Radeon8500,
> NV), vanilla compiled 2.6.[678]) ECC beast) will run for about 1 week
> before consuming all of its memory.  It's got 1 GB of real and 1GB of
> swap, and eats roughly 100 MB per day, unaccounted for in top.
>
>     Does anyone who's successfully run FC2 on their mythbox experience
> this?  My mythbox at home is a dual PIII and rebooting once a week if
> I update to FC2 is unacceptable.
>
>     I might talk myself into trying RPMS again to make it easily
> rebuildable.  Anyone with a similar setup experience this sort of gunk?

Nope, I have had 2 FC2 machines running Myth for about 2 months now and
no memory leaks.  They used to have 512M RAM/1G swap each until this
past weekend when I merged frontend and backend into one machine (now 1G
RAM/2G swap).

I am using a kernel.org 2.6.7 with kraxel v4l2 patches, pcHDTV patches,
nVidia 6111 drivers, ivtv ck107j, and no other patches.

I am, however, only running UP.  It could be something with the SMP.

--
David