[mythtv-users] Total record time fluctuates

David myth at dgreaves.com
Fri Sep 3 07:49:01 EDT 2004

That's (IMO) the correct problem.
If mysqlrepair doesn't work then have a look at using mythcommflag (see
docs + archives)

Notice that a recent comment either here or on -dev said that the CVS
version of mythcommflag just repairs the seektable/GOPs (which causes
the fluctuating time problem) and runs *much* faster (many, many seconds
per show rather than many tens of minutes).

Matthew - your problem may well be that the remote frontend should be
able to see the backend's mysql tables. The docs discuss this (if the
patch has made it's way through).

David