[mythtv-users] How about MacinMyth?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 3 12:27:30 EDT 2004

Myth wrote:
> Just to jump in on the 'wouldn't this be a cool myth box' flame session.

Out of respect for the list, I'm resisting a very strong urge to keep
the flame alive... ;-)

> http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iMac

I like 'em too.

> The new iMacs would make a pretty slick frontend.

Could be a better bedroom machine than the DHD. I've been looking at
maybe a 15" LCD to go with my diskless EPIA as an option, but these
would be cooler. I've also been thinking about replacing my aging dual
800 G4 for a while...

> Don't know what it is packing for audio though.

Typical (pre-G5 tower) on-board audio with Apple-enhanced stereo
mini-plug output, for either their "Pro" speakers or whathaveyou, or so
it would appear. I don't see any spdif outs on the back of it, though
M-Audio has some USB and FireWire audio devices w/spdif outputs...

> The pricing is pretty good... for apple that is.
> Makes me wonder what the status of the OSX port is...

You could also try running Linux on it, though you'd still have both the
complexity of being PowerPC and 64-bit on these things, so I have a
feeling it might be a bit of effort to make it work. Could be worth it
though.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com