[mythtv-users] Ripping DVD's in a Mythvideo-compatible way?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 3 12:31:42 EDT 2004

Nate Carlson wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'd like to rip DVD's in a way that they will be fully compatible with
> Mythvideo (IMDB and all that stuff); prefer not to use the MythDVD
> frontend, if possible (I'd like to do it on my file server and my
> workstation, neither of which have any MythTV-related stuff installed).
> I'd also like to not preserve any of the special features or menus - just
> want the video itself.
>
> Anyone have a script to do this, perchance?

I make heavy use of this:

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

Even has facilities to cluster your machines to speed the transcode process.

> I'm assuming I can also only rip one audio stream with this method; is
> that correct?

Correct.

There are rpms for it on freshrpms also, if you happen to be running a
Fedora/Red Hat distro. Probably available as a deb or ebuild as well.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...