[mythtv-users] Re: Does MythTV Obviate a DVD Player?

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 21:35:47 EDT 2004

--- Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:

> lspci says for me:
>
> 0000:00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia
> Corporation nForce2 AC97 Audio
> Controler (MCP) (rev a1)
>         Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology: Unknown
> device a002
>         Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel,
> latency 0, IRQ 5
>         I/O ports at d400 [size=256]
>         I/O ports at d800 [size=128]
>         Memory at dd000000 (32-bit,
> non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>         Capabilities: <available only to root>
>
> Does yours differ?

Here's what I get with lspci -v:

0000:00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia
Corporation nForce2 AC97 Audio Controler (MCP) (rev
a1)
        Subsystem: Holco Enterprise Co, Ltd/Shuttle
Computer: Unknown device f541
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency
0, IRQ 3
        I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
        I/O ports at dc00 [size=128]
        Memory at e2081000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=4K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

Pretty much Greek to me, really. I wrote up what I
went through to get S/PDIF working and put it on the
KnoppMyth wiki:

http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/index.php?page=DigitalAudioHowTo

I was pretty amazed to get it working, believe me,
given my Linux skills or lack thereof.