[mythtv-users] no keyboard within externel applications

Sebastian Heuer seb at belanur.de
Sun Sep 5 07:31:37 EDT 2004

hi all,

I just started builid a myth tv box, mainly for testing purpose. it's a
pentium III 1ghz with 256mb of ram and a geforce 3 running unter gentoo
2004.2 with kernel 2.6.8 and mythtv 0.15 (latest version from the
portage tree).

Most things work just fine, but when mythfrontend starts an external
application like mplayer for playing a video, the keyboard doesn't work
anymore. Same with xmame :( I have to change to another console (which
still works), and kill the external program, so mythtv comes back to
focus. At that point my keyboard works fine again...

any clues?

thanks in advance,

sebastian heuer