[mythtv-users] PVR-250

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 5 18:28:58 EDT 2004

On 09/05/2004 05:22 PM, Justin Hart wrote:

>Ok, so, I'm pretty much sold that the card that I want is a PVR-250.
>Before I get it, a couple more questions, will I be using the included
>remote at all with MythTV?

If you want to.

>  Should I get a wireless keyboard/mouse
>combo?

Nice to have, but not necessary if you have a good remote (i.e. one with
more buttons than the Hauppauge remotes).

>  Should I get a PC Remote?
>
>If I will be using the remote on the PVR-250, will I be able to
>program my universal remote to control it rather than have an
>additional remote?

You can use the receiver from the PVR-250 to receive signals from any
RC5 remotes.  Therefore, you could get a universal remote that uses the
RC5 protocol and use it instead of the Hauppauge remote, but with the
Hauppauge receiver.

Jarod Wilson's the man with the info.  See his site
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/ for a lot of good info on remotes.

Mike