[mythtv-users] Remote Control: consistent way to load EPG?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Sun Sep 5 20:40:32 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm working on getting all the kinks with my remote (XP MCE Remote) worked
out with MythTV. Got it mostly the way I want it, except for the EPG.

My remote has a 'Guide' button, which I would like to load the program
guide from wherever I am, and let me start a show. If I set up a JumpPoint
for the 'Guide' button to launch 'Program Guide', it'll load it from
wherever I happen to be, but if I then hit Enter/Select, it loads up the
recording options for that show. I'd like it to start watching the program
instead.

I've tried changing the 'ChanUpdate' option to 'Enter' instead of 'X', but
that doesn't seem to work - I'm assuming the global definition for Enter
(which runs 'Select') overrides this. Does anyone know of a reasonable way
to make this work?

Thanks!