[mythtv-users] Re: Cannot set a recording

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Sun Sep 5 20:42:58 EDT 2004

 >> Anyone happen to know why in the recording options screen I cannot
 >> select the actual record option? The rather important options are
 >> greyed out, namely "Record this program as shown" , "Scheduling
 >> Options", and "Storage Options".
 >>
 >> Why are these greyed out?
 >>
 >> I'm using CVS from yesterday (9/4).
 >>
 >I suspect it's because the most important option (#2) still says "Do >not
 >record this program". You have to pick a recording type via option #2
 >before the other items become active.

Yeah, the interface just threw me for a loop.  It appeared as a list of
options.  It was not entirely clear that you had to scroll left/right to
get options to change.  Perhaps a different UI scheme (something more
standard) would be better and more intuitive; at least a little arrow
indicator perhaps next to the option to denote the fact that you can in
fact go left/right to change it.

Why the change from the popup window scheme?  That was at least
intuitive; you had a few buttons to choose from and it did not present
itself as a listbox.