[mythtv-users] Help, No Audio When not using PVR-350 for video out

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 6 07:49:54 EDT 2004

On 09/06/2004 02:12 AM, nick-d at novanix.com wrote:

>I used to use the PVR-350 for TV out but have a new TV now that supports
>VGA, so I am using that. Unfortunately now that I have unchecked the "use
>pvr-350 decoder" in myth I no longer have audio.

If you don't use the PVR-350 to decode the MPEG streams, the audio will
be output from your soundcard instead of from the PVR-350.

>  If I leave it checked the
>video is piped out the s-video instead of through vga.  What should I do?

Unplug your audio connectors from the PVR-350 and instead run a cable
from the soundcard's speaker out to your speakers/audio
receiver/TV/whatever.  Usually, you'll need to have a 1/8" stereo
minijack to 2 RCA adapter or cable.  You can pick these up at most
electronics stores.

Mike