[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au and mythfilldatabase

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 6 07:55:00 EDT 2004

Martin Ravell wrote:

> I'm having some fun getting mythfilldatabase to work with the xml I
> pull down from tv_grab_au and would appreciate a hand if there is
> anyone out there who has gotten past the same hurdles.
>

> The rig is 2.8GHz, Intel board, FC1, PVR350, install according to
> Jarod plus X on the framebuffer. (Thankyou Daniel et al)
>

> From what I can gather mythfilldatabase wants to run tv_grab_au and
> then suck in the generated xml, parse it and stick it in the database.
> Is that correct?
>

> I've setup tv_grab_au and have run it successfully to grab
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/Oz.xmltv. (this file now contains a bunch of what
> looks to me to be valid XML)
>

> If I try to run mythfilldatabase without any options I get:
>
> <>

<> I've never successfully been able to run tv_grab_au from mythsetup.
Your best bet is to killall tv_grab_au when MythSetup is trying to work
out the configuration.  Mythsetup will complain about being unable to
retreive channels.  Do the rest of your setup.  When you exit from
Mythsetup, it will prompt you to run mythfilldatabase.  Don't.

<>Start off by typing tv_grab_au --configure and follow the prompts to
select the right stations for your area.  Once this is finished, you
will find tv_grab_au.conf in the .xmltv directory.  Copy this to the
.mythtv directory as <source name>.xmltv.  For example, if you defined
your source as "FTA", copy it there as FTA.xmltv.

<>*Now* you're ready to run mythfilldatabase.

<>Let me know how you go.

<>