[mythtv-users] 2.6.8.1 issues with mythtv?

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Mon Sep 6 10:15:19 EDT 2004

I decided to upgrade from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8.1 the other day and I ran into some issues.  Everything seems to compile/load/etc fine - but when you go to watch live tv I get either a blank screen or white blocks.

I used the same .config file (with the 2.6.8.1 additions) and re-compiled the nVidia (6111) driver and installed the latest CK IVTV cut of the driver.   I even tried a few older version of the CK IVTV driver (which I knew worked) and it had the same result.

I rebooted under 2.6.7 and things worked again.

I'm not dying to go to 2.6.8.1 - so I can wait - but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this?

details:
- latest CVS mythtv build
- 6111 nVidia drivers for FX-5500
- P4 2.6 HT