[mythtv-users] Segfaulting fixed with latest 6111 nVidia drivers

caps at caps-project.org caps at caps-project.org
Tue Sep 7 07:30:01 EDT 2004

I just thought I would let the list know this, in case any others are
having the same problem since I can't find it elsewhere on the list.

I was getting segfaults using MythTV in the frontend quite consistantly,
particularly when going back to the frontend from watching some live TV
/ recorded shows.

However, a few days ago I upgraded to the latest nVidia drivers 6111
(from 5336) and the Segfaulting went away. Yay!

Perhaps this should be added to the troubleshooting section or
something, especially since Suse 9.1 (which I use) only lets you
download 5336 from the online update....