[mythtv-users] Looking for your experience

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:48:23 EDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:24:39 -0500, Aaron Griffin
<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> hmm, call me stupid, but what is the point of both the PVR-250 and the
> winfast tv2000?
> why not one or the other?
>
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:02:47 -0400, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Bah, botched the URL:
> > http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishHistoryReview.asp?position=HISTORY&submit=VIEW&ID=956036

Because they don't always rerun the shows I want to record, and
occasionally they run at the same time.   I think that 2 250's is
overkill pricewise, but I do like to cover that 10% of the time
something gets redflagged as unrecordable due to conflicts.  Or,
perhaps you want to record something AND watch livetv at the same
time.  If you like the rest of the set up, the extra $33 for not being
stuck on one thing at a time is worth it, I feel. If you had unlimited
finances, you could put in more 250s, but there's probably not that
much to watch at any given time on TV anyway!