[mythtv-users] nuvexport command line interface (CLI)

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Tue Sep 7 14:29:34 EDT 2004

Chris Pinkham wrote:

>>>Once the job queue stuff I'm working on is in place, queueing up a nuvexport job
>>>from mythweb would be as easy as inserting a record into the jobqueue table if
>>>you had setup a custom nuvexport job previously.  The JobQueue would take care
>>>of running the job when its turn came up in the queue.  You'll also be able to
>>>fire off commercial flagging from MythWeb by inserting a record into this
>>>table.  I want to convert the current transcoding queue over to using this
>>>as well.
>>>

>>Could you mail me the spec from this table?   I have my own nuvexport
>>table ready to be implemented, and it contains things like a progress
>>indicator so the status can be watched from mythweb (or another source).
>>  If you want me to use this table, we'll need to colaborate so that it
>>supports the features I want for nuvexport.

Any word on the integration of nuvexport and mythtv (mythweb) yet? I
used nuvexport for the first time yesterday and it is great. I wanted to
archive a bunch of videos and used divx to get the size down. I like how
it displays a list of shows then a list of episodes once the show is
selected. The only thing missing is a 'Batch' convert option where you
select the show then instead of the episode number, select 'A'll and
have it prompt for the type and parameters once then export each episode
with the same settings. I did eight shows and it took about 20 minutes
for each show so I had to babysit it and queue up another show once the
previous one was completed.

- James