[mythtv-users] Unresolved symbols error when running depmod on ivtv drivers

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 7 18:49:56 EDT 2004

George A. Moore wrote:

> I am setting up a new installation of MYTHTV on Fedora 1 following
> Jarod's GREAT documents.  When I try loading the ivtv drivers I get
> unresolved symbols.  Below is the output when I run depmod -ae.  Any
> help would be much appreciated.

I got those too when trying to upgrade my Fedora 1 system.

After trying for 2 days to localize the problem and numerous apt-get install and remove sessions to salvage the system,

I ended up apt-getting the kernel source for 2.4.22-1.2199nptl and downloaded ivtv 1.9 from sourceforge and compiled both kernel (using the config from /boot) and the ivtv modules myself.

I don't know where the real problem lies, probably has to do with the fact that Fedora 1 support is diminishing (or no longer there?) in favour of Fedora 2 installs.

At least other Fedora 1 users are warned...

Gert