[mythtv-users] System hard locks several times per day, usually when paused

Thread thread at threadbox.net
Tue Sep 7 12:32:44 EDT 2004

Hello, everybody. I've been using mythtv for about a week now, and I'm
loving it. I have been experiencing freezing that is quite unique. I'll
come back after I paused it, and I can see that the buffer has stopped
growing. When I unpause, it keeps playing, but without sound. Over about
20-30 seconds, my interface becomes less and less responsive... until
finally my x cursor stalls up and there's nothing left to do but reboot.

I found http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2003-June/010379.html
which is a thread post that describes freezing very similar to mine.

The IVTV FAQ, http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#_jump21
<http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#_jump21>, talks about the
potential VIA chipset issues. I first tried disabling an Enable/Disable
option in my bios about ACPI APIC along with all other ACPI options.
When that didn't work, I even tried rebuilding my kernel without any
ACPI stuff in it, just to be sure. It's still freezing up, though maybe
less often than it was before I disabled the APIC stuff in the bios. I
find it quite interesting that it only seems to happen when I have it
paused, and the buffer is filling up.

I'm stuck at this point. Any suggestions?

Stuff I Have:

A7V880 Motherboard
(http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Product%20Reviews/Asus%20A7V880.shtml)
Hauppauge PVR-250
ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck107x with the provided patch applied to mythtv
mythtv-0.15.1