[mythtv-users] System hard locks several times per day, usually when paused

Thread thread at threadbox.net
Thu Sep 9 00:21:24 EDT 2004

I managed to catch some log messages this last time it froze up. The
only pertinant messages from mythbackend are:

error reading from: /dev/video0
read: Input/output error

While my system log reports:

Sep 9 00:07:21 [kernel] hde: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x21
Sep 9 00:07:31 [kernel] hde: DMA timeout error

Does that help at all? Any suggestions?