[mythtv-users] Exporting NUV to SVCD (Unknown Block Type)

Tim Searle northernlad at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 04:32:59 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this subject.

My current setup is as follows;

UK Setup  (PAL)
Nvidia GeForce 440MX w TVOUT
Athon 2100+
512 MB Ram
200 GB HDD

Software

KnoppMyth 4.0
Nuvexport
Nuv2disk
Patched MPlayer v1.0pre5 source to support NUV files.

What I would like to do is export NUV files to SVCD using Nuv2disk,
which uses mencoder to convert the NUV files to MPEG, rather than
running MythTranscode which takes forever even on a 1/2 hour show. I
have everything working i.e I can convert the first few minutes of a
show but then i get the following error;

Mencoder: Unknown Block Type, possibly NON-MPEG file

Its seems as though the adverts before the start of the show are encoded
and then when the show starts the error occurs.

Could this because there are subtitles for the show that I am recording
and this information is added to the NUV which then causes the encoder
to fail ?
or is it corrupted NUV's ?

I have tried transcoding the files using Myth and then re-encoding using
mencoder however this still fail.
Finally, if there is no answer is there a better way to convert
recordings into SVCD ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would say that I am fairly new
to Linux but I am happy to give things a try.

Thanks

Tim.