[mythtv-users] Tv-out with ati rage fury pro

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 12:00:08 EDT 2004

At 14:54 09/09/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if someone could point me into the right direction to get
>acceptable performance with tv-out on my rage fury pro.  Currently I can
>get tv-out using the s-video port and the frame buffer driver but running
>mythfrontend complains about no XV and the performance is pitiful on the
>TV.  If I use the standard r128 driver and a monitor then performance is,
>of course, fine.
>
>Thanks for any assistance,
>
>Louis

This sounds like something in the realm of GATOS
http://gatos.sourceforge.net/, namely advanced open source drivers for ATI
cards, much better performance-wise than the inbuilt XFree ones.

What's great news is that now x.org has forked from XFree86, the author of
the GATOS project has now been given CVS access to x.org, so we should see
GATOS become an integral part of X within a few months