[mythtv-users] DVD Rip disappearing

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Thu Sep 9 16:56:28 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 13:26, thor wrote:
> 	You get that error if it can't write to the file system. It can happen
> because the file system is full, or because the size of a single file is too
> large.
>
> 	I'd suggest you go into rip settings and change Ripped Video Segments to
> something like 1000 (the value is in MB).

Looked into it a bit more and I'm now pretty sure it's a Samba/kernel
thing, not the fault of MythDVD or transcode. If I'm understanding
things right, there's a 2G file size limit for Samba shares unless you
have the LFS patches applied to both the kernel and smbmount. So either
I need to find the LFS patch for my kernel (2.4.26), upgrade my old RH9
boxes, or split the video into segments...

Thanks,
Joe