[mythtv-users] Recording two channels from a DVB stream

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Fri Sep 10 04:30:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 12:33:04PM +0300, Kalle Pokki wrote:
> Is it possible to access more than one channel coming from the same DVB
> stream at a time with MythTV?

Not at the moment!

> I am quite new to DVB, but was under the impression that Linux DVB
> software has separate tools to record the MPEG stream from DVB and
> to extract specific channels from it. That would enable all the nice
> features of having two tuners by just having one within the same DVB
> multiplex.

There was some discussion on the mailing list last week about it - see
thread entitled "Some nice features from VDR".  Apparently there has
been some work on it in the past but no-one can find the patches :-(

It would be a most useful feature IMHO (I have two tuners and there
are still times when there is stuff I can't record!)