[mythtv-users] how to stop mythfilldatabase creating channels

Danny Robinson Danny.Robinson at chordiant.com
Fri Sep 10 07:50:52 EDT 2004

Using tv_grab_dvb to provide the program data to mythfilldatabase as
below.  However, each time it runs then it fills the database with
channels that I don't want/have (e.g. E4 in the UK).  Is there anyway to
use tv_grab_dvb as my source, but not get the additional channels
created.  Even if I set them to non-visible the OSD will still freeze if
I stray onto one of these channels.

Any ideas.

00 4 * * * /usr/bin/tv_grab_dvb -s -t 60 | /usr/bin/iconv
--from-code=iso8859-1 --to-code=UTF-8 | /usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase
--no-delete --file 1 0 - > /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log 2>&1