[mythtv-users] FC2 and IvyTV Problems and Questions

Jon McLennan ca_buki at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 10:03:12 EDT 2004

I've been trying to get Myth running for quite some time. I've been
able to get things to partially work under FC1, but couldn't get it
100%. I installed FC1 4 times and went through Jarod's guide carefully
each time. Each time I got different results.

The first time, Live TV worked, but the program guide didn't. I'm in
Belgium and there were a couple others with the same problem, but I
couldn't find a solution.

The second time, the program guide worked, but Live TV didn't.

The third time, the program guide didn't work and Live TV had a very
bad picture.

The fourth time, the program guide worked again, but Live TV didn't.

When Jarod updated the guide to FC2, I grabbed the latest ISOs and gave
that a whirl. This was even worse. I couldn't even get ivtv to load.
I'm using 2.6.8-1.521. I used apt-get to install the latest ivtv
packages (after enabling at-bleeding in /etc/apt/sources.list). I got
the ubiquitious ivtv: Unknown symbol errors. After searching for a bit,
I found a post in the archives that references a post in the ivtv-devel
mailing list archive about needing to modify ivtv-firmware.c. Another
post in the same thread says that I can modify kernel-2.6.spec and
rpmbuild -ba kernel-2.6.spec. Figuring (incorrectly) that was probably
a bit easier of the 2, I tried doing that. That, of course, brought up
more errors. The error I'm stuck on is:

# rpmbuild -ba --target i686-linux kernel-2.6.spec
Building target platforms: i686-linux
Building for target i686-linux
error: File /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/linux-2.6.7-hugetlb.patch: No such
file or directory

I've scoured the net looking for that patch, but have only been able to
find a couple references and not the actual patch. So now my questions
(finally):

1) Does anyone have this patch or know where I can find it?
2) Should I keep going along this route? Or should I downgrade my
kernel?
3) Should I switch distros? And if so, which one?

Thanks to any and all help you can provide me.

Jon