[mythtv-users] CVS UI Questions

Daniel Savard Daniel.Savard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 14:21:45 EDT 2004

Since I also found the menus counter-intuitive, I want to clarify
things. I mean, if I just give the remote control to my daughter, will
she find easily its way to do what she wants or will she always asked
me about this option she can't remember under which menu it is? Ok,
since she's not dumb at all, she will eventually "learn" the layout as
most of us. But, that's not the point. When something is intuitive,
there is nothing to learn.

Another point about menu-theme proliferation, for those who wish to
translate them, it may mean duplicated stuff. And it may also mean,
just the theme the translator likes most will be properly translated
and others will eventually goes unmaintained. Or, simply the
translator will just miss some stuff somewhere in some not so often
used menus.

XML coupled with XSLT is powerful enough to prevent an eventual
nightmare with internationalization of the themes and menu-themes. So,
may be some time should be taken to design or re-design this?