[mythtv-users] MythTV + ARS + AntennaWeb = MythRotor?

Nathan Schiffer edgeofepsilon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 19:12:06 EDT 2004

Great idea - you could call the extension "MythDirection."

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:02:27 -0400, Donavan Stanley
<geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's one minor hiccup in this.  With an antenna, or basic cable
> setup you can split the incoming feed across multiple cards and record
> more than one thing at a time.

Basic cable obviously has no problems, and if you have an antenna
plugged in you should be used to signal noise.

> If Myth were to rotate an antenna, you
> could potentialy lose channels.  Either folks would need to limit
> their antenna to one card, risk recording static, or a LOT of work
> would have to go into the scheduler of Myth so that it could take
> antenna orientation into account.

It knows which channel it's going to record, point the antenna there.
If there's a conflict, have a default direction.  Say, what direction
the antenna was pointing to begin with.  You can't get worst results
than you did before.

> I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it's a lot more complex than
> it seems on the surface.

That's exactly the purpose of this post - to determine feasibility.  I
hope someone picks up this idea.  I've noticed there hasn't been many
new extensions lately.