[mythtv-users] myth tv on windows or equivalent open source prog?

David Lyons djlyons1 at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 00:33:10 EDT 2004

	I just tried out sage http://www.sage.tv (15 day trial 79.00 to
purchase).  While I was able to get it to control my cable box (some #'s
worked others did not), it does not come close to myth in features or
functionality.

	Since I have a hard to control cable box (thanks Cox), I would
give it a plus over mythtv in that area alone (Although I expect it is
an lirc/hardware issue rather then a PVR issue).

	The menus were hard to figure out, The configuration was to not
intuitive. The features did not match what myth offers. The OSD tended
to disappear off of the edges so you could not read everything.

	I can only say I am glad I did not waste my money on this
program.

Dave