[mythtv-users] FC1 to FC2 Upgrade - Jarods Guide

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 13 01:26:57 EDT 2004

On Sunday 12 September 2004 18:34, Rob Inskeep wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Hoping someone can help - I've recently upgraded my (semi) working FC1
> based Myth box (built around Jarods Guide) to FC2 via CD ROM (bandwidth
> is expensive at this end of the world). Anyway, starting to pick my way
> through Jarods updated guide for FC2 I've struck a problem.
>
> When entering:
> # rpm -Uvh
> http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/atrpms-kickstart/atrpms-kickstart-23-1.rhfc2.
> at.i386.rpm
>
> I get:
> /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or directory

You can safely ignore that.

> Retrieving
> http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/atrpms-kickstart/atrpms-kickstart-23-1.rhfc2.
> at.i386.rpm
> warning: /var/tmp/rpm-xfer.xmD9mn: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> 66534c2b
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         apt = 1:0.5.15cnc6 is needed by (installed)
> synaptic-0.52-17.rhfc1.at
>
> Have I missed something terribly obvious in the upgrade process here?

The atrpms-kickstart package provides apt and a bare-bones sources.list. Since
you've already got apt installed, you really don't need the kickstart. What
you ought to do is simply edit /etc/apt/sources.list and replace every
occurence of fc1 with fc2, apt-get update, then apt-get dist-upgrade, and you
should be in business.

> (Not to distract you from the lawns, ferrets and screen door Jarod, but
> if you do get a second?)

Never did finish with the screen door, but lawn mower repaired, lawn mowed,
ferret cage cleaned... :-)

Back to some consulting work I need to get wrapped up...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...