[mythtv-users] Remote advice

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 01:39:12 EDT 2004

Robin,

Things may change on a remote to remote basis (in
other words, different OFA models may behave a bit
differently).  In the table on my web page, you might
note that I picked most of the EFCs completely at
random, just to get unique codes.

What kind of receiver are you using with the remote?
Perhaps the receiver doesn't like the EFCs that you
entered for the buttons.  Another possibility is that
those codes are already mapped on your remote to
another button.

On my remote, the Exit button was already sending a
code (if I recall correctly), so I didn't have to
program it.  (Perhaps I did program it, and just
forgot to document it, I'm really not sure, it's been
at least six months since I programmed the remote).
If yours isn't sending a code, then just pick another
(unique) code out of the RC-5 table and map it to Exit
using the same procedure.

-- Joe

http://www.ofausa.com/list_remotes.php?type=Mainstream%20Line