[mythtv-users] Hardware Happiness Survey (was "Why and Why NOT FC2?)

Darryl Wisneski myth at skicentral.tv
Mon Sep 13 03:38:08 EDT 2004

Hi Eric:

I like the specs on your hardware list.

Athlon XP 2000+, MSI K7N2GM-L, 512MB Kbyte, 80GB Seagate Single Platter,
2xPVR250 Coolmax CX300B Silent PSU, Coolermaster ATC-610BX1 Case, Fedora
Core 1, 2.4.22-1.2179 kernel, ivtv-0.1.9, myth 0.15.20040505.1

Do you have any regrets?

Would you have separated the backend out rather than combine the
fronted/backend if you could do it all again?

How is that power supply?  Would you have rather gone with a higher end
PSU (like antec or something)?

How is the noise in the coolermaster ATC?

How is the fit in the coolermaster ATC?  Is there any room to spare?

Can you underclock that MSI K7N2GM-L board?

Any problem with linux/mythtv & using the MSI K7N2GM-L on-board sound?

I appreciate your help.  I have been lurking for a while trying to find
just the right combo of hardware for my needs.  I like what you have put
together here & think your list is pretty close to what I desire under
my TV (sleek sexy & one PCI port to spare).  Too bad newegg.com is out
of stock on that particular MSI.

Thanks,
-dkw