[mythtv-users] Re: Probably a dumb apt-get question

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Sep 13 06:22:47 EDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 10:26:52PM -0700, Nowhere wrote:
> Could the fact that I am trying to upgrade a CVS build to and apt-get
> distribution cause problems? My CVS is 0.15 from a couple weeks ago...

Yes, most certainly! You cannot have packaged and non-packaged build
remove each other, you need to do this by hand.

> I do get one error on update:
>
> Failed to fetch http://dag.atrpms.net/fedora/1/en/i386/base/pkglist.dag
> 301 Moved Permanently
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.

Remove that entry, or start up from fresh with Jarod's guide at

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

(the apt/yum config that is, not the whole installation, you probably
only need to apt-get --reinstall install atrpms-package-config and
move the *.rpmnew files to the proper places)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net