[mythtv-users] Warning when selecting TV while every tuner is recording

Markus Meissner mlist at meissner.it
Mon Sep 13 12:10:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've got a suggestion for the dialog you get when select "TV" while every card
is recording. The dialog says in more than 4 lines (in German) that the box
is busy recording and that you can either delete the current recording in the
"Delete"-menu or watch the recording by selecting the "Play"-menu (sorry,
don't know the exact menu-items in english). This has got a very low WAF
(woman acceptance factor). I would suggest:

Remove the long explaining text and add more options to dialog. My wife won't
read the dialog because the font is too small _and_ the text is so large (I
think the main part is the text length). It would be better if there were two
more options:

- Skip the current recording (which will delete it)
- Watch the current recording

If this is a problem when some tuner are recording some programs (more than
one) I would at least suggest to add an option like "go to the tv-menu".

What do you think?

--
Beste Gruesse / Best regards Markus Meissner