[mythtv-users] Compile problems - mythepg

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:02:27 EDT 2004

> check you use flags and try to shut off the XRANDR extension or
> something to that effect...  or if you're feeling quirky, recompile
> your X libraries with this extension enabled, as that is the real
> problem (the X libraries don't have any XRR functions in them or the
> libraries with the XRR functions are in the wrong place and aren't
> getting referenced)
>
> I'm not sure on your setup, otherwise I could go farther.

Well, I found this section in the ebuild:
        sed -e 's:#CONFIG += using_xrandr:CONFIG += using_xrandr:' \
                -e 's:#DEFINES += USING_XRANDR:DEFINES += USING_XRANDR:' \
                -i 'settings.pro' || die "enable xrandr sed failed"

That would seem to be the problem. However, what does myth use the
xrandr extensions for? I don't have anything referring to them in the
USE flags for X or for the mythtv ebuild. I'll try to compile it
without that section, but I just want to make sure that I won't end up
with a broken build.