[mythtv-users] Sound in FC2 2.6.8-1.521

Jon Kunze jon99ut at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:22:49 EDT 2004

I'm currently going through Jarod's guided setup for and FC2 MythBox
and have hit a snag with my sound card. It's the onboard sound that is
on the Chaintech MBs, so it's the intel8x0. When I first installed
FC2, the test sound played fine. I then got to the point where I got
apt-get and upgraded the kernel as Jarod's specifies in the bottom of
his guide. I upgraded to the new kernel, rebooted into the new kernel,
and then removed the old (2.6.5-1.358) kernel from the machine. I then
went through and got the nvidia drivers functioning properly, and
moved onto the ALSA install. Before even touching the ALSA stuff, I
tried to go into the "sound card detection" in KDE and hit the "test
sound button" and it fails to play. Does the new kernel break the
sound for the intel8x0 chipsets? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I would love to get this machine running in time for all
the new shows that start tonight and this week. Thanks.