[mythtv-users] Pundit noise with fast processor?

Lane Schwartz myth-lane at dowobeha.net
Mon Sep 13 15:21:43 EDT 2004

I'm looking for feedback from people with the Asus Pundit and processors 2.4
GHz and faster.

At this point it looks like I'm going to get an Asus Pundit; so, the next
question is processor. In looking through the list and the hardware database
at http://pvrhw.goldfish.org, it seems that people are using 1.7 GHz Celerons
through 2.4 GHz P4s.

I'm wondering if the Pundit stays quiet when used with a fast processor.

I'm planning to use a single PVR 250 initially (I know it's a tight fit), then
add a pcHDTV - hence the desire for a faster processor.

FYI, I had also considered the Coolermaster 620 / 7NIF2 combination, but the
Coolermaster is just too big. (I'm constrained to 360 mm deep and 640 mm
wide)

Cheers,
Lane