[mythtv-users] Re: Warning when selecting TV while every tuner is recording

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Mon Sep 13 15:44:22 EDT 2004

I agree. This has actually been bothering me since I first saw that
message (I only have one tuner, so I see it alot). If you have
multiple tuners, it should give you multiple options also (at least
for the "Watch" option) to minimize the number of button presses you
need to take the most likely action. Deleting a recording, because it
is destructive, could take an additional step or two, such as:

---
All available tuners are busy. What would you like to do?

< Return to the previous menu >
- Watch currently recording "The Simpson's"
- Watch currently recording "The Apprentice"
- Delete a recording and watch TV
---

Selecting "Delete a recording..." would bring up the following if
more than one tuner is present. It would skip to the confirmation if
only one tuner exists:

---
Delete which recording?

< Return to the previous menu >
- Delete currently recording "The Simpson's"
- Delete currently recording "The Apprentice"
---

And then the confirmation for doing something that your
wife/partner/roommate might hate you for:

---
This will stop the recording and permanently delete anything recorded
so far for this program. Are you sure?

< Cancel >
- Yes, Delete "The Simpson's"
---

On a related topic, I also wonder why Myth only allows full program
records. For example, in the above example, in my mind, it shouldn't
delete the recording that has already occurred, simply stop where it
is and maybe add "(incomplete)" to the title in the recordings list.
Also, if you hit the "record button" while watching live tv, and then
hit it again to stop a recording, it would be great if it saved the
portion you recorded as a "(clip)".

Regards,
Brad