[mythtv-users] OSD fonts on a new machine

Chris Wall chris.wall at cbrworld.com
Mon Sep 13 16:02:58 EDT 2004

I had a hard drive die the otherday, so I rebuilt my MythTV box with
0.16 (on Gentoo, xorg 6.8.0, kde 3.3.0) and now the OSD fonts are rather
hard to read (broken and jagged, and the background to the OSD is
spotty?).  I have another frontend (connected to the new backend) that
will display the fonts great, and the only difference I can find is that
the seperate frontend is running xfs for the fonts.  Could this be the
problems with the OSD on the backend/frontend box?  I have searched
through the mailing list and the install guide for some information on
the differences between settings in the configurations sections of Mythtv.
Thanks,
Chris